We might be a little late to the SLIME game … or maybe the mama of the house is was a little reluctant to allow this concoction happen in her kitchen. But I finally caved and let them have a go at it. And guess what …. she’s not secretly obsessed with this ooey concoction and am looking forward to making it over … and over … and over again!
Here is the best recipe we have tried so far …
What you need:
4 oz bottle of school glue (we used Elmers)
Contact Lense Solution
Something to stir your mixture with (we used popsicle craft sticks)
1. Empty bottle of glue into bowl.
2. Add 1/2 Tbs baking soda
3. Add a few drops of food coloring (we went with neon green)
4. Mix it baby!
5. Add 1 Tbs contact solution.
6. Mix it! Mix it! Stir it! Stir it!
7. Once it gets a little tough to stir …. grab that slime and start kneading! We ended up squirting a little more contact solution in. Just keep playing and kneading with your hands until it starts pulling away from the bowl and hands and starts forms into slime.
NOTE: It takes a minute or 8 to get the slime to become … SLIME. So be patient. Don’t toss it. Keep moving it in your hands.
Out of all the slime recipes we’ve tried, this by far was my favorite. I think next time we are going to give glitter slime a whirl! I hope you enjoy!
Do you have a favorite go to slime recipe? If so, leave it in the comments, we’d love to try it!